‘I’ve to go to the mart; I’ve a cow calving; the sheep broke out on the road & I got stuck behind a tractor’ – Read more here.
Below are common excuses that farmers use when they are late for or don’t attend an event in the form of a family gathering or meeting!
- ‘Sorry, I can’t I’ve to go to the mart!’
- ‘Sorry, I can’t I have a cow calving’.
- ‘The sheep are after breaking out on the road!’
- ‘I was stuck behind a double-decker and got caught in a two-hour queue at the factory’.
- ‘The heifers pulled the wire down and jumped across the ditch to the neighbour’s bull.’
- ‘I got stuck behind a tractor; he held the queue up for 3-hours.’
- ‘I had to wait for the vet to come – he got caught up in an emergency caesarean section.’
- ‘I met him on the road there and he spotted for a chat – it’s been I’ve ten years since we last had a chat.
- ‘I had to wait for the neighbour’s 200-strong dairy herd to walk over 1-mile – and there was no point even making an attempt to overtake them.’
- ‘I have to wait for the A.I. technician – he said he would be here over 5-hours ago!