With Storm Ophelia having wreaked havoc in the country on Monday and Storm Brian on the way this weekend we had a gander for this week’s 10 ways you can tell at the weather.
1.The rain is sideways
Lovely weather we have had of late; floods in Donegal, Storm Ophelia. The rain seems to be coming in all directions
- You’ve been using silage bales to tie down your shed roof
Yep we saw that you were doing that. Quick thinking really and who knew the humble silage bale had so many other uses.
- Flooding seems normal to you
Donegal anyone? You’ve grown accustomed to floods and water in fields no longer scares you
- You didn’t get great straw this year
Maybe you didn’t get any just another gift from the weather gods.
- Haven’t seen frost in a long time
What’s frost? Oh yeah that think that used to happen a lot when I was young.
- You have a feeling that Storm Brian won’t be the last storm this year
Yeah we think the same too.
- The power is still out
You must be living in the south of the country so. ESB say the power will be back next week for you lucky folks…Sorry!
- Climate change is real
Even the old farmers you know are talking about it now and we’d have to agree.
- Will we ever get good hay west of the Shannon again?
Please God…We miss that stuff
- You are kinda giving up on the weather forecast because its never good anymore
Yeah us too. Spain anyway?