A number of livestock marts throughout the island have shut their gates for the final time in 2017, much to the disappointment of many mart maniacs!
Think you may mart withdrawal symptoms? Can you relate to any of the following listed below by Catherina? Let us know!
- You are counting the seconds.
Calendar countdown…the first week of January can not come quick enough.
- You find yourself impulse buying.
You have purchased new mart attire, even though this year’s gear is fit for a king or queen. It’s all about looking the part when doing Biz! You have the quilted jacket, farmer’s hat and dealer boots at the ready!
- Your hands and palms are ink-free!
Not a trace of a lot number to be found.. SHOCK! The first time in one year!
- You find yourself doing paperwork!
You know you’ve time on your hands when you can tackle into mountains of documents, says you!
- You have a ‘mini heart attack’ as you watch your mart boots and jacket gather dust!
The dust is accumulating at an alarming rate; that must be a sin!
- The loneliness is starting to hit you!
You can’t put a price on the conversations had at the mart can you?
- You have food cravings!
The taste of the fry-up from the mart canteen lingers on! You dream about the tea and the nation’s favourite breakfast. What you fry-up yourself at home isn’t a patch on feasts immensely enjoyed in the mart canteen.
- You haven’t a clue what’s going on!
Until you tune in That’s Farming this is! ;)
- You often find your thumb ‘twitching’ even during family dinner.
Is that a bid I see?
- You claim to hear an auctioneer’s chant!